Monday, May 25, 2009

New Challenge?

As an artist, it's easy to just keep doing what you know...the only problem with that is that you grow very little. Personally, I feel that I need a new "challenge" of sorts. There are a few sites that I love, not just for their incredible artwork but for their ambition (check out www.skulladay.com and www.acollageaday.blogspot.com). So, what do you think? Should I try a 365 day challenge? I'm thinking it's time. But I would like some input from you. At first, I was thinking a pumpkin pattern a day...but I think I'd like to broaden my scope a little. How about 365 days of Halloween? Everything and anything Halloween, from ink sketches of ravens to bewitching pumpkin patterns, recipes for costume parties (gotta serve my chocolate obsession somewhere!) to monstrous little sculptures. Anything and everything that's Halloween related. Every day.

Now, I'll be moving to a new little art studio in the country soon, so let's take a little time to plan out this endeavor so I can get settled in first. I'm thinking that we should start.....July 1st? Tell me what you think. I'm listening.

Happy carving,
Lisa Berberette
The Pumpkin Lady

No comments: