Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Time Flies

Can you believe it's almost April and I still have REAL pumpkins in my house? I carved this little face yesterday...it's how I feel right now about the pace of life. I've lived on super speed my Entire life...with nary a vacation or down time. I really wish that were an exaggeration but it's terribly true. In the last few months I've filled my time with organizing my home and studio, clearing up clutter, and dealing with all of the recent budget cuts affecting my son's school and our local community...sooooo not fun. But now much of that is done, and I'm finding a schedule that is, well, relatively free. Not totally mind you! I spend my evenings running up and down the road for hours to get my son to various rehearsals...coordinating his schedule has literally become a part time job! But my day time hours have become, shall we say, less scheduled.

And, oddly enough, though I've yearned my whole life to look at my calendar and see a week relatively "free" of appt.'s and to-do lists, I feel as busy as ever. My rooms have become uncluttered and yet my mind acts like it's racing in a perpetual Kentucky Derby...zooming in circles. Thirty eight years of pent up ideas are all bouncing around, creating a mosh pit in my mind. Every thing is tumbling out and it all demands attention....all wants to be drawn, sculpted, written, doodled, photographed, experimented with. NOW. Right This Second. Soooo much so that I'm having trouble getting out of my own footsteps! I don't know which end is up! I know, it's a good problem to have...one that I've wanted...but it is all so bewildering that I can, for a few brief moments, decide what I Want to do rather than just what I Have to do.

Though sometimes wants and have to's do mix. I do want, and have to, get back to my daily Halloween creation. With so much freedom I feel a little discipline is called for! And those posts will begin again daily on March 30th. Pattern ideas are stealthily creeping up on me and I may put a few out for watermelon carving to celebrate the arrival of warm weather. However, those will wait a few weeks longer as I finish up the last of the pumpkin patch sitting on my dining room floor. Lots of good things to come in the fleeting days ahead...I hope you'll join me on my new adventures.....

1 comment:

Heather Sitarzewski said...

Halloween crept into my mind yesterday and it felt so good... made me think of you too so I wanted to see what you were up to. Your post was right on que for how I've been feeling lately as well! =) Funny how that happens sometimes... seemingly random occurances lead you down the path to "oh my gosh, I'm not the only one" =)

Looking forward to spring finally but now I am excited for the Halloween season too! Hope you have a very productive summer and I'll look forward to seeing what new creations you'll have for fall!

Happy creating!