Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 161 - Sunny


Gorgeous. Happy. Sunny. That's Spring at the moment. As much as I've enjoyed the snow we've had this winter....more than the last ten winters combined!...I'm utterly gleeful over the ability to bask again in warm sun! And yet, with bluebirds on the fenceposts and azaleas bursting forth, I still have pumpkins on the brain. Today, I was at the grocery store, perusing strawberries and cucumbers, when these amazing eggplants caught my eye. One was the usual aubergine...a deep Halloween purple that almost glowed in its intensity...ahhhhhhh but the other! The other! White! Pure glossy ghostly shimmery glistening White! Paper white. Scared stiff white. Sheets hanging on the clothesline white. Amazing. And all I wanted to do was toss aside my cart and begin carving something....anything!!!!! Who said you have to wait until October to carve something! Let the games begin!

2 comments:

Outnumbered - 5 to 1 said...

Simple in design, yet oh so very cute!

Melissa Valeriote said...

What a cutie pe!