Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 110 - Go for the Glory

When I carve a pumpkin, about 90% of the time I create and then apply a pattern onto it before I start carving. Granted, it may be the wimpy way out, but it works for me and I make a lot less mistakes! However, there are much braver souls out there than I. People that grab life by the carving saw and just go for it, carving without a pattern, with an idea they grab out of the stratosphere and then just carve for all they're worth. Today's photo is just that...a pumpkin carved by Emma, a dear family friend and a girl who has the guts to just go for it. Carving saw moving like lightening, she whipped out this pumpkin carving of the crest from Hogwarts (all you Harry Potter fans should know this image well!)...and she did a marvelous job!

I raise my glass to all you who throw caution to the wind and give it all you got when pumpkin carving! When I grow up, I hope to be just like you!

No comments: