Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Piles of Pumpkins!

October 1st ususally heralds the arrival of pumpkins in stores and on the farm. However, this morning I drove up to my local grocer and what did I see? Piles of pumpkins filling the front sidewalks! Woo hoo! Autumn has arrived! I know, I know, you probably think that I'd be sick of pumpkins by now, that this morning's discovery would have sent automatic shudders down my spine. Nope! I still love carving pumpkins...more so, seeing these big orange globes brings back memories of fall that I'll get to experience once again. Suddenly I want to jump in a big pile of russet colored leaves, don a fuzzy sweater, light candles and fill the air with the baking aroma of spiced apples and hot cider.

So, let the season begin! Giving in to temptation I brought home the biggest pumpkin I could pull from the pile (I might even go back this afternoon and get some more!). Now, for the hardest part of pumpkin carving ...choosing which pattern I'm going to use!

No comments: