Monday, October 13, 2008

Lights, Camera, Action! Oh my!

My time flies when you're going insane! It felt like I blogged yesterday...and it's been weeks. Oh my! Can you guess why I've been so busy, besides the obvious time of the year? If not, here's a little update for you...this isn't just pumpkin season, but media season. Yes, we all know what day Halloween falls on, but the news media doesn't prepare for it until the very LAST second which means I'm jumping through hoops at the last second! The last few weeks before the Big Day are nuts! I've just received an email that, for the second year in a row, I've been invited to appear on Fox News Weekend Live. Of course, they want political pumpkins, which I just happen to have a new pattern book of on the site. Naturally, they want a little something special, too...so you'll just have to watch Oct. 25th to see whose portraits I roll out!

And that's not all. One of my favorite shows is on the Food Network. Anyone else but me LOVE the Food Challenge, where these amazing culinary experts compete to make the world's most insane creations? This year, on Oct. 26th, you'll get to see Extreme Pumpkins, where expert pumpkin carvers go head to head! Yes, yours truly will be on the show...but not as a carver! I'm part of their expert panel of judges.I had a BLAST on the show. Wanna know who wins? Sorry, you'll have to watch Oct. 26th and see!

And now for my latest craziness...I've just come back from NYC after taping a segment for.......(drum roll please).....Martha Stewart! Watch The Martha Stewart Show on Oct. 27th on the Fine Living Network to see yours truly in action. Plus, there's more than one amazing carver on the show that you DON'T want to miss!

And yes, there will be a few more appearances along the way which I'll tell you more about later this week because right now, I've got to get carving!

1 comment:

The Breast Cancer Thriver said...

Lisa, I just wanted to take a minute to say WOW! You are amazing! I have created some good pumpkins over the past couple of years but nothing compares to your work. You have such a talent and gift! I look forward to seeing you on the upcoming shows including Food Network (Love it! I spend most of my day either cooking or working in my garden) and Martha Stewart. Please let us know what other shows you will be on this month. I can't wait!! I have ordered some Funkins from their website...I live in a very small country town and cannot seem to find them anywhere here. I can't wait until they arrive! I will send you a photo (via email) of some pumpkins I did in October 2006, just about a week after I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I wanted to make sure that my little girl had some cool pumpkins incase I did not make it through all the surgeries, chemo and radiation. But 2 years later...here I am and looking forward to carving my funkins. I would love to see you make a beautifu Pink Ribbon -Breast Cancer Awareness carving...afterall it is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!!

Happy Halloween,
Beth Coats
744 Huntsville Drive
Marion, NC 28752