Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 35 - Bright Lights Big City


So we were downtown tonight for the city's First Fridays Artwalk. All the galleries have show openings and street entertainment. I look forward to it every month, despite some of the weirdness I see! I know, you're probably thinking, "Look who's talking! A girl who makes skulls from quesadillas and bats from cheesecake!" And you'd be right! I'm even rubbing off on my son. As we walk down the city street towards our car, he notices the colors of the bright corner stoplights just a few feet above our head. "Mom, could you put a pumpkin face on the yellow light?" I pull out my camera (yes, I brought it while searching out ideas for today's blog!) and snap a quick picture while dodging some guy that's now accosting me for money and my camera and the three of us then dash back to our car! Despite that little adventure, I love the idea of faces on the stoplights....don't you think every light should wear a grin this Halloween?

No comments: