Friday, September 11, 2009

What About You?


The lake is sending an early Autumn breeze through my window as I type. Makes me think of argyle sweaters, crinkly leaves, and I have the strong urge to toast marshmallows tonight. This is my favorite time of year, and it's not just because the thought of donning fuzzy stripety socks makes my heart skip a beat. It's time to gather. Not just a harvest, but friends 'round the fire (or in my case, friends around the coffee table at my favorite local bookstore). Everywhere you turn are postings for fall festivals, pumpkin picking, and homecomings. People coming together long before the New Year ball drops, looking forward to the season that fills the trees with a riot of color and the air with aromas of cinnamon and spice. I reflect on how much I love the weeks ahead, and I wonder, 

What about you? 

Are you itching for that first huge leap into a pile of fresh raked leaves? Helping your four year old pick out their first big pumpkin and they get to choose the pattern "all by myself!" Searching the stores for the cutest costume for your newest family member, Puppy? Or perhaps smacking fingers away from the pumpkin pie right out of the oven? What are you looking forward to this season? What's your favorite memory of seasons past? I'd love to know. Send me a reply so we can all share in our favorite time of year, Autumn.

I'm listening...

No comments: