Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 75 - Trick or Treat?




God works in mysterious ways. In Feb. and March of this year, we lost two of our sweet cats, Spinner and Happy, to kidney failure. I must say that I'm still not over that loss...I love my pets dearly and miss them deeply. Earlier today my husband and I searched the online adoption site, www.petfinder.com, to search for two more baby kittens to add to our furry herd. We both felt it was time. We had no idea how right we were....

Jack took our son to play practice across town tonight. A few miles from home he stopped at the Shell station for gas. And then called me. He'd found a mama cat and two wee baby kittens. I was soon on my way with two cat carriers and several cans of food. Jack went off to try and catch mama while Ty and I literally beat the bushes and found two sopping wet, starving, terrified little baby kittens. I had to grab each one with my coat sleeves because although they were tiny, they were horrified and bit and scratched my coat in fear. It was only in the upper 40's temperature wise...and raining...so they shivered from fear and cold. They're nothing but skin and bones!

Try as he might, Jack couldn't catch the mama. The employees of the store said there's a third kitten that crawled in the back of another employee's trunk and went home with her! So, tomorrow I will go back with a cat trap and try and catch mama....the nice people at the station are contacting the other employee to see if we can find out what happened to the third kitten.

We are guessing that the kittens are at most four weeks old. We will try to get the mama and see what we can do for her as well. We'll foster her and try to find her a home soon, and we'll do what we can to find the third kitten.

As for these two?

Welcome Home.

2 comments:

Shawnalee said...

awesome. That is so sweet, and good that you were able to rescue them.

Katie H said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! You got your new babies...and you rescued them.... it's so cute i'm pouting!