Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Stretching


It's a quiet morning here...my guys are off to work and school, and I'm sipping coffee (yes, with white mocha added) while looking out over the lake, rain falling softly through the leaves. I'm grateful to be living where I am because it is peaceful. A place where I can step back from life's craziness and focus. Redesigning www.pumpkinlady.com has been a wonderful challenge but a difficult process. My husband and I do this all ourselves...so if we don't know how to do something, we have to find a way to learn, which makes every day an exercise in stretching ourselves beyond our limits!

We make a good combination, his computer skills with my artistic ones...but one thing I've learned in all of this is that we have so much more to learn! I am soooo not a tech person. So learning to use a digital camera, loading to my computer, editing and manipulating images in three different programs...I think climbing Everest would have been easier for me. To create yesterday's slideshow took a book, the IPhoto's help section, six hours, and my husband's innate knowhow of a program he's never seen. And that was just to get the most basic things learned! My brain hurts just thinking about it again. And the whole afternoon was spent styling the pumpkins and trying to get my digital camera to work just right...then editing the photos forever. Ahhh one small step for mankind, one giant leap for me!

And it's not just learning the photo and editing programs. I've had to learn Facebook, Twitter, and Blogger, and not just to leave messages but learning how to edit and set pages up. I know, you're probably laughing yourself silly at me right now...but that's okay! For a Techless Wonder like myself this has been a Huge task to learn within a matter of weeks. And I promise you that I will get better! Not sure how soon...but I will get better! Besides, I'm living off of white mocha coffees at the moment...don't they make everything better?

And one last note: The Pumpkin Lady's husband, Jack, is the best guy ever. None of this would have ever been possible without him.

Thanks, Honey!

1 comment:

Katie H said...

awwww such a sweet post!! And jack is the greatest... you guys are so sweet and so lucky!