Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 82 - Presidential Pumpkin

I created this presidential pumpkin portrait of now President Obama last year when he was running for office. It was created for a segment on FOX News Network. It made it on air, along with a portrait of McCain, however they never let us set up the shot! I literally walked into the studio (with a cart of eight more pumpkins for the campaign segment) and they said, "You're on in 8....7...6.."!!!!! We were supposed to have an hour to set up! My friend Literally threw the two nominee portraits across the room! I plunked them on the table .5 seconds before the anchor started the interview... with their light cords dangling by my toes! They never got lit! Instead of seeing Presidential Hopefuls you got an eyeful of Frankensteins - portrait pumpkins always look like Frankenstein unlit! Yeah... you can bet I wasn't happy and they never made up for it. I couldn't wait to show off these portraits...but ended up insulting the candidates since the pumpkins never were shown lit.

Oh well. At least you can see President Obama's pumpkin now! And if there's anyone reading this that knows him, please tell him I'd be happy to give it to him...in person!

No comments: