Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 13 - Calico Glow


It's no secret that I'm an animal lover...especially cats! Though I've mostly ever owned black cats, there have been a few calicos that have come my way (cats know a sucker when they see one!). I think every pet deserves a loving tribute. As a teen, Cali was my heart. She was a pretty little calico that never really grew up. I don't think she weighed five pounds wet! It was like she reached six months of age and never grew again...but her purr did! Soft as a cloud, she spent a lot of nights beside my pillow. Twenty years later, I still miss her, so I thought I'd pay her a glowing tribute by framing her photo on a pumpkin where she'll always be my shining light.

(Thanks Kyle Echols from Echols Photo for taking such a beautiful photo!)

No comments: