Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 20 - Say Ahhhhhhh


Sometimes it's nice to combine what I love: pumpkins and black cats! (As I type Sock Monkey is nodding his approval) And yes, I like rats, too (One day soon I'll introduce you to an old whiskered friend of mine named Merlin). Both the black cat and the glowing rat are carved from the same artificial pumpkin. I carved the cat out of the front half of the pumpkin and then painted it black for a nice contrast. Then I carved out the rat as a separate piece from the leftovers. I hot glued the rat inside the cat pumpkin, and placed a small night light between the two figures. The light not only illuminates the rat inside the cat's gaping jaws, but it throws the rat's shadow up onto the wall behind it, making him look about two feet tall! Love it!

And thanks again to Kyle Echols of Echols Photo for taking this photo.

No comments: