Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 3 - Sound familiar?


In folklore, witches have always had familiars buy their side - an animal, in most cases a black cat, that possesses a supernatural spirit that helps the witch to do magic. Well, I couldn't do my carving magic without my familiars by my side! I have a herd of cats, one of witch, er which, is today's subject. His name is Sock Monkey, just one of my black cats, and I've created a digitalized photo of him. A daubed paint filter really brings out the natural glow of his eyes! We rescued he and his brother CVP (whose name I will explain another day!) just a few days after Halloween. Though tiny, his runt of a brother would smack him around, howling at the top of his lungs, to show who was boss. Hearing the commotion, we'd rush to his aid. Sock Monkey would be found sitting like a Buddha, eyes closed, then reach his long arms up and beg to be rescued, never returning the swat to his brother. Being three quarters siamese (and one quarter black persian - hence his black fur), he has legs as long as that of a Sock Monkey! His gentleness has certainly bewitched our family!

No comments: